Understanding how you come across to others is at the heart of good communication skills. Being able to choose your response to any given situation rather than adopting a knee jerk reaction gives you more control over the impact you have, and behaving assertively without spilling over into aggression is a great skill to acquire.
But what’s the secret?
Our patterns of behaviour are fairly deep seated so becoming a very assertive person in adult life is difficult if you haven’t had much practice. That’s why we need to start with small steps. And of course one size does not fit all. In this three day residential course you will explore the dynamics of communication and how you can improve the way that you impact on others.
Personal Impact and Assertiveness Skills Learning Outcomes
Participants on this course will explore:
- The dynamics of communication and personal impact
- Their patterns of behaviour
- How their patterns impact on others
And learn how to:
- Change body language for a different impact
- Turn up or down different qualities to achieve a goal
- Deliver clear and concise messages that get things done
- Put their attention on their intention to change their impact
- Feel more confident to speak out at meetings
- Set boundaries for others
- Deal with difficult people
- Say no without saying no
- Use assertive language
Dates: 21st March 2022 – 24th January 2022
Price: £1500 (residential – full board)
Reserve a place – FULLY BOOKED